sal66chev
sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA
68039010

2007 kia sorento: when i turn the wipers for the windshield

I have a 2007 kia sorento and when i turn the wipers for the windshield off the go to the up position it just started today any ideas on how to fix myself
Category: Car
Expert:  sal66chev replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to just answers. I`ll be happy to help you to solve this concern.

the wiper arm assembly has a stop position. to be able to remain down it needs to hit the "stop"bracket otherwise the wipers end up in a deferen position. "like upwards".

sometimes this bracket wich is part of the armature of the wiper assembly bends out and when the wipers try to park they go one half turn over. and end up in the wrong possition. you could try to take the wiper essambly out yourself. and re bent the braket back to the original position wich is alittle triky.

if you like I could give you some gidence in how to do it.

sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it was the wiper motor, which, i got answers from the day i asked the question. i had the problem completely fixed prior to receiving an answer, therfore i dont think i should have to pay for this question, however, it has already been taken out of my account according to my bank
Expert:  sal66chev replied 2 years ago.
I`m so sorry about this. I will find out for you and if the money was taken I will make sure you get you money back.