sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA

1997 Infiniti Q45: following codes..emissions..Knock Sensor..heated

I own a 1997 Infiniti Q45, the check engine and a SLIP light are on and the following codes were diagnosed at the emissions center PO325, PO156, PO161 and PO330 which it failed. The codes show the Knock Sensor and the Heated Oxgen Sensor (Rear Oxgen Sensor) need to be replaced. Will replacing the Oxgen Sensor alone turn the check engine and SLIP lights off? How much will it cost to replace the sensors?

Hi I`m sal and I will try my best to help you solve your vehicle problems.

the codes you have:

P0325 and P0330 are for the knock sensors bank 1 and bank 2. usually the knock sensors codes are caused by corrosion in the connector and or the bolt that holds it down. the only way to know is to test the sensors once you got access to it. censors are about 75.23 each and the labor is very intensive. about 5 hours just to get to them.

the other codes:

P0156 heated oxygen sensor 2 bank 2 and P0161 heated oxygen sensor 2 bank 2 heater control. this last code is the heated part of the sensor going bad and I think that if you just replace the sensor will clear both codes. oxygen sensors for this one are about 55.98 and labor is only about half an hour.

once this is done you should be able to go through the emissions test without a problem. and the light should go off too.

I hope this is help full and that I was of some help. and if you have any questions let me know I will be happy to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Sal,

The answers you provided to my questions were very helpful. They have cleared up my confusion on the different codes and the sensors that need to be replaced. Your advice was excellent and will help me when choosing a repair shop. Thank you very much for your time. Laughing

I`m glad I could be of some help. and thank you very much for your kin words. and thank you for chousing just answer. you have a grate day.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here