sal66chev
sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA
68039010

2003 911 carrera: w tiptronic..noticeable slip at about 1800 rpms

2003 911 carrera w tiptronic s....second gear has developed a noticeable slip at about 1800 rpms...in both the manual and auto mode. any ideas of possible cause
Category: Car
Expert:  sal66chev replied 4 years ago.
Hi i will try my best to help you. when the transmission slips at about 1800rpm can you tell what speed are you driving at? and does it hapen only at the same speed or can you feel it at a different speeds?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Only at the same speed and at about 1800 rpms and only in 2nd gear
Expert:  sal66chev replied 4 years ago.

looks like second gear clutches are going out. is probable that the intermediate clutches are going bad as well as the forward ones. I think this not what you wanna hear but I think is time for an overhaul.

we could consider that the fluid was low but that will affect in all gears, a shift solenoid will make it not going in to the gear or will not disengage.

I hope this is of some help for you and if you have any more questions let me know.