Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

2003 Isuzu Rodeo key wont start. Needs reprogramming? How ?

Customer Question

2003 Isuzu Rodeo key won't start. Needs reprogramming? How ?  I read that there is a way to teach the key how to relearn the code? How?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Is the security light blinking when it does not start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not that I am aware of. The Rodeo is at the shop. They said it will have to go to a Isuzu shop if the next locksmith can't do it. But then I started reading about doing something to reset the key. The key just has a chip in it, its not one with buttons on it. The shop has always been honest and they are trying to save me $. My zip code is 32303, Tallahassee, FL. There is no Isuzu dealer close by. The shop mentioned something about a Volkswagen security ?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Volkswagen is different . The locksmith will have the correct scanner and correct key to program this for you. To program the key yourself you would need the immobilizer brake code then enter that code with the brake pedal and that only lasts 2 starts its a temporary fix to get the vehicle to the dealer . The next locksmith should have no issue programming the key. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks, but I that doesn't help at all. My Car is a Isuzu Rodeo, 2003.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
I know so the aftermarket security system is Volkswagen then correct .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where could I locate the immobilizer brake code?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
You need to give the dealer the vin number and there is a different code every day.