Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

water pump..overheats..I assumed a bad gasket or a cracked head..smoke

Customer Question

ok, the water pump is good, the thermostat has been replaced, and the fan is working. The car still overheats FAST. I assumed a bad gasket or a cracked head at this point, however there is no water in the oil or smoke out the tail pipe. what can this be? help thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Still can be a headgasket.IS the coolant circulating in the radiator ?Also has the cooling fan clutch been checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the coolant is circulating. And the fan clutch is good.

It still seems strange, the hoses seem to be under a lot of pressure and as I said earlier the coolant boils out of the reservoir within a few mins of firing up the car

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok of these all check out ok then is has to be a faulty headgasket causing this issue . The issue is exhaust is getting into the cooling system . These need to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.