Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair
54869360

replaced head gaskets, vss, a few injectors. car starts..idles..stall

replaced head gaskets, VSS, a few injectors. car starts and idles great. When you increase the gas the engine will stall. driving dose well for short period, then engine light comes on and losses power. Cant get any code lights to flash.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ridgerunnerras replied 2 years ago.

Hello I would like to help you with this.

The fact that the engine light comes on sounds like the engine is Shutting off.

Does the engine completely die or does it just loose the power?

It could be electrical can you confirm that the alternator is Charging? are there any loose main power wires?

It Could also be a fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. I would check your fuel pressure and make sure that it is correct. Have you checked your Fuel filter?

did this happen after you replaced all of those parts or was it that way before as well?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fuel is reaching the injectors and the coil packs are getting proper voltage. Checked all the fuses. It would start, run and drive but for perhaps thirty yards and light would come on. With car in drive and gas pedal to the floor it had no pwr. Shut it down and turn to on but no code. It would start and do it all over again. Now it will crank over but wont fire. ? Maybe crank sensoror timing off?

Could be the crank sensor.

But just because you have fuel to the injector does not mean you have enough fuel pressure. I would still check the fuel pressure

Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience: I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair