CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN
8613158

1993 GMC: fuel pump replaced..It started missing real bad..getting gas

I have a 1993 GMC Jimmy. I have had the fuel pump replaced. It started missing real bad, like it wasn't getting gas. I took it back to the mechanic and he replaced the fuel regulator and relay. It worked fine for about a week and started missing out again. If I floor board the accellerator it will go. Before I take it back to the same mechanic I would like to know possible causes to discuss with him
Category: Car
Expert:  CarQuestionGuy replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked the fuel pressure?
Are you just looking for a list of possible causes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The mechanic fixed the problem he said by replacing the distributor. I have a new question about the ABS break. The mechanic said it needs a new purtostiona valve (it fits right under the master cylinder, but he says he can't find one. I might have the spelling wrong. I looked online and it came up with a protection valve. I need to know what valve to look for.
Was he talking about the proportioning valve? This is the only valve that fits your description that I can think of.

If this is the valve he is talking about then he is full of it. You can get them anywhere. I did a 10 second search and found this one:

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/GMC/Jimmy/AC_Delco/Brake_Proportioning_Valve/1993/AC172-2069.html?ptc=S1171391678W45d204bec356b&ptacdegmcjimmy19921996acdelcoac172-20699706493brprva

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much! I'll give him a call Monday. Thanks again