Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

1992 isuzu: that had a blown intake it hot now it sounds

I have a 1992 isuzu 2.6fi that had a blown intake it hot now it sounds like there is no compresssion...wont crank
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

How hot did it get? Are there any signs of water in the oil?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No water in the oil...actually the temp gauge did not even show hot but i heard the valves died and tried to clutch start it would it sounds like no all started from a pipe/line at the back of the exhaust manifold was spewing water ... Could not reqlly stop so i just kept adding water every so far
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
The gauge was likely not showing hot because there was no coolant in it to contact the temp sensor. It appears it got hot enough to cause the rings to loose tension and there fore you have lost compression. I would start by doing a compression test. I hate to be the one to tell you this but the engine is likely not salvageable without major work.