caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar

continental: in my garage whils..disconnect..batteries

Customer Question

I have a bentley continental GT 2005. I stored the car in my garage whils away for 3 months and stupidly forgot to disconnect the batteries. I managed to tickle charge them fully and all seems ok except for 3 things:

1. the start stop button no longer starts the engine. It starts the accessories but not the engine.
2. The ride height warning light is staying on despite the car seeming to respond to the height adjustment.
3. The air conditioning doesn't cool down. It has been regassed so I checked the fuses and the vacuum pump fuse blows when the aircon is turned on.

Any help would be great.

Category: Car
Expert:  caughlins replied 4 years ago.

caughlins :

This car has several computers that need to have faults cleared for the systems to restart proper operation. The suspension light is on because the steering angle sensor needs to be reset. The start / stop switch might be unrelated as it is a two position switch. When you depress the switch can you feel both positions? For the A/C is the ECON soft switch active? the compressor is constantly engaged but this may be due to the stored faults. Do you have away to check the fault codes? -Colin-

JACUSTOMER-ko3t43wt- : Thanks. The ride height warning disappeared after driving for a few minutes whilst adjusting the height up and down but the start stop still won't start the engine and the air con blows the vacuum pump fuse every time it's switched on. I don't have any way of checking the fault codes.