caughlins
caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar
68142990

lid of the cigarette lighter in an ISR.I undid the 4 screws..wont lift

Customer Question

I dropped a credit card down the back of the lid of the cigarette lighter in an ISR.
I undid the 4 screws of the storage unit behind it but it wont lift up. What else do I need to do?
Category: Car
Expert:  caughlins replied 4 years ago.

caughlins :

the thettt

caughlins :

The way to get access is lifting at the ashtray. You can lift this up about an inch then with the four screws for the center console tray removed you can lift it out. It has pegs at the front that are held in place by the center console carbon fiber.

Customer:

The ashtray edges are under the carbon fibre, so do I lift the carbon fibre with it?

caughlins :

Yes the ashtray is just the easiest place to grab and lift. Just remember you are not taking that piece out just lifting it up.

Customer:

So I undo the screws, then lift the carbon fibre by an inch by grabbing the ashtray/lighter, then push some retaining pins to release the storage?

caughlins :

The pins are in the carbon fiber piece holding the center console tray in place.

Customer:

So I lift the carbon fibre?

caughlins :

Yes it will give a little bit of resistance. Just don't pull on the ashtray lid.

Customer:

Thanks just grab the black plastic

caughlins :

Yes.

Customer:

thanks

caughlins :

You are welcome

Expert:  caughlins replied 4 years ago.
Hi I was wondering if you were able to retrieve your credit card. If you need more assistance please feel free to contact me. -Colin-
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, great help. Took about 2 minutes!
Thanks
Expert:  caughlins replied 4 years ago.
I am glad that it was so easy for you! -Colin-