Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair
54869360

lost my key to my truck and do not have a spare...locksmith

Customer Question

I have lost my key to my truck and do not have a spare. A locksmith can make the key but i need the key coke
Category: Car
Expert:  Ridgerunnerras replied 2 years ago.

Ridgerunnerras :

Hello I would like to help you with this.

Customer :

ok thanks

Ridgerunnerras :

The only way you're gonna get a key code is from the dealer. However it good lock smith can make a key from a blank that will work in truck. If a locksmith says that he needs a key code to make key then he is not a locksmith is a key cutter. Although finding a locksmith that is willing to do this without the code might be harder. I would say that you call around and see if you can find a locksmith that's willing to do this

Customer :

i have tried that and they all ask if i have a key or the key code......is it possible to find it on the truck its self

Ridgerunnerras :

I'm sorry you will have to wait until a dealership is open. I would think being Saturday that there would be dealerships open.

Customer :

they are open but the service departments are closed

Ridgerunnerras :

That is a is the same as the Chevrolet truck

Customer :

right the gmc colorodo

Customer :

it takes a b10 blank

Ridgerunnerras :

what is your zip code

Customer :

41514

Ridgerunnerras :

Try these guys

CONTACT US
Sales: (606) 653-0759
Service: (606) 653-0754
Customer :

ok hold on a sec

Ridgerunnerras :

Ask for the Parts Dept

Ridgerunnerras :

Or this one

Full-screen

Thornhill GM Superstore
Show Address:

CONTACT US
Sales: (877) 671-4854
Service: (866) 726-9679
Ridgerunnerras :
Ridgerunnerras :
CONTACT US
Sales: (877) 671-4854
Service: (866) 726-9679
Ridgerunnerras :

Both of these are with in 25 miles of your Zip code.

Customer :

neither both parts Dept are closed

Ridgerunnerras :

I'm sorry but then you're gonna have to wait. There's really not much else you can do.

Customer :

i see, well thank you for your time. I was hoping for the code or to find someone open thank you for your time

Ridgerunnerras :

The only other thing you could do would see if you to contact a dealer on the West Coast and if you get some out prove you own the truck to them. They may give you a code or give it to your locksmith

Ridgerunnerras :

There may be dealers on the West Coast that are still open

Customer :

well see what you can do i have the title to the truck so that not a problem

Customer :

have to work monday morning

Ridgerunnerras :

I hope this helps you,

Please let me know if I can help further, and please remember to indicate that I have helped you today by pressing the accept button.

Thank you.

Customer :

hasnt really helped me i knew that the service department were closed...thank you

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!