gtnby2, Mechanic
Experience:  A.A.S in Industrial service technology

2003 suzuki aerio: obd2 scan tool powers up and has power and ground

Customer Question

i have a 2003 suzuki aerio. the obd2 scan tool powers up and has power and ground.however it will not communicate. i need to read the codes to see what i need to replace. all the fuses are good and i have looked at the connector and tested for power and ground. i understand that there is a signal wire but how do i test that? is that what is wrong in why i am not communicating with the ecu?
Category: Car
Expert:  gtnby2 replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Is the scan tool one you purchased just for this vehicle or is it for a broad spectrum of vehicles? Have you used it before with success on this or any other vehicle?,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i have used it on my mercedes but i think i have found the answer myself finaly. the car even though it has a obd2 connector is not obd2 compliant. dont aske me why but vw has also done this same thing for many years and it sucks. im going to have to goto work and get the right connector for the suzuki protocol to read the codes. thanks anyway though.
Expert:  gtnby2 replied 4 years ago.
Good deal.. that's where I was headed next.... I had another question this week that was similar and was wondering if you had the correct connector ;-)
Take care and have a great day!!!