internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working with automotive industry for almost 20 years. I also have an engineering background. Saving one car at a time.

bentley..that protects the side walls when coming too close to a curb

Customer Question

I currently have Pirelli 275/35/20 tires on my Bentley Flying Spur Speed and my driving skills result in large chunks of rubber being gouged out of the side walls. I have never had a car with low profile tires before and I am unsure of whether I need to replace the tires. Are there low profile tires with some protective rubber that protects the side walls when coming too close to a curb?
Category: Car
Expert:  internal88 replied 4 years ago.
If is a big chunks of rubber then I will suggest you to change the tire. Chunks missing in the sidewalls is a bit disconcerting when considering the speed with which I travel on the highway.
You probably have these tires on Pirelli P Zero Nero on. I have customers experience the same problems as you. I have introduce Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole position to my customers. They all have great experience with them.
The tire's structure includes twin, handling-optimized steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon to stabilize the tread area and enhance traction, high-speed capability and ride quality while minimizing weight. The fabric cord body and higher sidewall reinforcement helps blend uniform ride quality with steering response and lateral stability.
Good Luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I purchase a road hazard warranty that will cover the loss of sidewall rubber due to abrasion?
Yes - Road hazard damage is damage that occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.