CargoVroom, Mechanic
Experience:  25 years troubleshooting and repair experience

1995 isuzu rodeo: (v6 engine) to a propane fueled vehicle

I'm looking to convert my 1995 isuzu rodeo (v6 engine) to a propane fueled vehicle. What do I need? how do I do it? How much will I save in gas? and how much does it cost?
Category: Car
Expert:  CargoVroom replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. For starters, you will need a propane tank, lp approved lines(not just any rubber hose will do) a regulator, vaporizer and the carburetor. Conversion kits are available, if you are knowledged in lp(it expands quite rapidly, leaks can lead to an explosion). This is not a project I would advise just anyone takes on, simply due to the fact you are dealing with a highly pressurized flammable gas. For further and more detailed information on what is involved in the kit you can purchase I would contact this company (click me!). The complete conversion from start to finish will most likely cost you between 3 and 4 thousand dollars(parts and labor), if you have a shop do the conversion. In the best case scenario, you "could" get as much as a 40% reduction in fuel usage, but I would plan on 20%, just so you don't get less than you bargained for.