jrloar, ASE Master Cert
Experience:  ASE Master Certification

2000 Lincoln Continental: 000 mi..worse), the ac..intermittently..dim

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Lincoln Continental with 130,000 mi in good condition. For the past year (and getting worse), the AC/Temp. and radio displays will intermittently go dim or disappear entirely; especially if it's raining.
My mechanic said he couldn't find the problem unless the problem exists as I bring it into. This is almost impossible to predict. What should we check first? Help!
XXXXX XXXXX from Aurora, MN.
Category: Car
Expert:  jrloar replied 4 years ago.

jrloar :

Sounds like you have one of two problems. Bad ground or power. What I would do is run a new ground to that group of lights. Most of the time it is a grounding issue. If that does not solve your problem then you will need to splice in to the power for the instrument cluster lights and run that to one of the power wires for the lights you are referring to. One of the two will resolve your problem...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The answer I got worked: my local mechanic made the repair you suggested.
Expert:  jrloar replied 4 years ago.
Glad I could help....