Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair
54869360

2002 ford: deisel 7.3 engine no power paddle to floor and rpm..idles

2002 ford 550 deisel 7.3 engine no power paddle to floor and rpm's only goes on 2000 but idles perfect and transmission is good
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
he could be offline

Hello I would like to help you with this

I will be looking at your problem so maybe a few minutes before and get back to you.

One possibility that could be causing this would be improper fuel pressure or delivery.

I would suggest testing the fuel pressure to make sure is it within the proper range at all RPMS. There may be enough fuel pressure to start the motor but not enough delivery the required volume to maintain the engine RPMS above 2000. Below are the specifications for the fuel pressure. Please check that and let me know

I hope this helps you,

Please let me know if I can help further, and please remember to indicate that I have helped you today by pressing the accept button.

Thank you.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i put fuel injection cleaner in the tank today and sprayed combustion cleaner in the air intake and she got alot better but still aint got the power she should have .i will check fuel pressure and try cleaning againin the air intake .can the turbo do it?and thank-you

the turbo should not restrict the rpm in neutral.

you could have clogged injector though. I truly believe this is a fuel delivery issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i fund somthing today i was over lookig the truck and noticed that th hose on the map senser was broke off so got a new one ordered . do u think that is the problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i found somthing today i was over lookig the truck and noticed that the hose on the map senser was broke off so got a new one ordered . do u think that is the problem?
maybe
Hi I'm just checking to see if you have resolved your problem. Please let me know if there's any more assistance that I can give you.

Thanks

Carl
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i wont get the part till tomorrow i will let u know thank-u

ok
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the map senser was the problem she works find now thanks-u
ok great