The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained

Check Engine Light..I drove it away and within a mile the cel came

Customer Question

I took my Landrover Discovery into the dealer because the Check Engine Light was on (not flashing). They said it needed all new spark plugs and wires which they did. I drove it away and within a mile the CEL came on again. I drove it back and they said one of the plugs they put in was "bad" and it was fixed. Then I drove it away again and within two miles it started "knocking" and the CEL started flashing. I turned around and took it back in and they gave me a loaner and I have not heard from them. I called and they said they are still working on it. What do you think?
Category: Car
Expert:  The Audi Doctor replied 2 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer for your query. Yes, I can help you.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, that’s a rather unfortunate series of events. There is no way for me to know what really happened, but it doesn’t look like someone is doing their job very well. I don’t think even the dealer would argue that point now. I suggest you put in a call, or pay a visit to the service manager. If he’s any good he should be able to explain the course of events, make it right, and provide you with some assurances. If not, perhaps you need to take your vehicle elsewhere.

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have further questions on this matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always APPRECIATED. If you accept my answer, please don’t forget to leave feedback.

Thank You!
Jake “The Auto Doctor”
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was looking for some guidance on what the possible damage could have been done to the valves or the cylinders or the rest of the engine - already did what you suggested it is with a second mechanic and he is going to let me know - thanks but by the time I got your answer I went and got the car and talked to the guy in charge and took it ito the second mechanic - he is working on it now but too early to tell - thanks.
Based on your Question. No possible damage to the valves, cylinders or engine would be implied. Why do you suspect there is internal engine damage?

I did not know that you had already done what I suggested (the logical course of events) because under "already tried" you put "Please see above". I see that this could be very upsetting. Sometimes when we are upset we don't make the best decisions. I wanted to give you the best course or action based on your question and what you "already tried"

As you can imagine, Not being able to experience the condition first hand put’s me at a significant disadvantage. If you can better/best describe the condition, as well as anything else that has been done to try and correct the issue. Also a time line of the events that led to the condition would be quite helpful.

The quality of my answer is based directly on the quality of your question and description. So please include anything else that may help me to better understand the condition and how it all came about.

For faster re ponce than 45 minutes I suggest "High" urgency on your next question rather than "medium".

Thank You!
Jake