Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

99 Olds Intrigue: same problem..coolant..leaking..drivers side of car

Customer Question

There was a recall for 99 Olds Intrigue 3.8. Does the 3.5 have the same problem? All coolant flowing out fast, leaking from driver's side of car below fuel injection. I was attempting to locate a complete cooling system diagram. There does not seem to be anything related to the cooling system on driver's side.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

Customer:

Hi Tim, what could be leaking under intake on driver's side

tims auto repair :

is it under the intake??of...near the water pump?

tims auto repair :

or

Customer:

water pump in on right, no

tims auto repair :

give me just a minute

tims auto repair :

87_gc99wobdy_6-627c.png
Full Size Image
tims auto repair :

o

tims auto repair :

sorry,,,i see you say the drivers side

Customer:

it's late

tims auto repair :

?

tims auto repair :

ok...

tims auto repair :

is the leak lower than the radiator inlet hose?

Customer:

In the middle of the radiator as best I can see

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

but,,it is leaking from the engine...correct?

tims auto repair :

not the radiator

tims auto repair :

?

Customer:

I cannot see what is leaking, it is coming down on top of transaxle

Customer:

the radiator is not leaking

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

perhaps the throttle body heater hose

tims auto repair :

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue V6-214 3.5L VIN H SFI
Intake Manifold Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Intake Manifold Replacement

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

06_gc99wobdy_6-082c.png
Full Size Image

1. Disconnect the battery ground (negative) cable.
2. Carefully disconnect the throttle body air inlet duct from the throttle body.
3. Partially drain the engine coolant from the cooling system.
4. Remove the fuel injector sight shield.
5. Disconnect the accelerator and cruise control cables from the throttle body and accelerator cable bracket.
6. Disconnect the throttle body coolant hoses from the throttle body.

07_gc99wobdy_6-083a.png
Full Size Image
Customer:

That would fit location perfect. I am not a mechanic and Mexican mechanics scare me

Customer:

What you sent seems to make sense

tims auto repair :

i see

tims auto repair :

these hoses is what to check

tims auto repair :

it is very possible that this may be your leak

Customer:

If there is a heater hose connected to the throttle, that is the only thing that makes sense. Thanks. Can I write back if this is not the solution

tims auto repair :

yes

Customer:

Excellent, thanks much!!!

tims auto repair :

you can just sign back in to your account,,and reply to this conversation

tims auto repair :

you are very welcome

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP
Customer:

i hit it twice

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

it dint go though

tims auto repair :

through

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.