Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

second hand..sirion after removing the factory fine

Customer Question

I got a second hand pioneer DEH P835R CD player from a friends van and it works on his van fine.
I installed it to Daihatsu sirion after removing the factory radio and the the CD player has no power.
when i connected the radio back the radio has power. and i tried the player on my friends van it work fine.
I then tried another sony cd player and that also has no power. both the cd player works on my friends van.
I tried swapping the yellow and red and no power.
Checked the radio fuse under the hood and its fine.

how can i get this stereo to work?
Category: Car
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im still lwaiting for an answer..I tried connecting the red and yellow from the iso adapter to the orange(+12) on this pioneer stereo. and then the clock works when ignition on but resets when turnd off.. but no power to the stereo...

Please assist me..

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. For radio to work you need battery power "yellow wire", ignition power "red wire", and ground "black wire". Use a voltmeter or testlight to see which one is missing and repair as needed. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dan

I went though the fuse box and found the backup fuse blown in the main fuse box in the hood.I missed it earlier.
and there is another 30amp fuse in the power slot on the diagram missing.
Could this be why the cd player doesnt power up.
I will change them.
It doest make sense to me why the radio powers up and the cd player not.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
A blown fuse could definitly cause the problem....If cd player ejects then its the ignition power that has a problem...If it does not eject then its probably a problem with the constant battery voltage.