Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

I need an expert on aftermarket rims/wheels.Can you help me?

Dad Mechanic :

Sorry for your problem. I am here to try and assist you.Letme ask you a few questions before I can answer you. Jim

Customer:

I'm considering purchasing some aftermarket rims for my 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid. My wheel dimensions are 215/60-16. These tires have the TPMS. I went to a website called bigbrandwheels.com. The prices were reasonable and they had a pretty good selection. I've narrowed my choices down to three sets of rims/wheels:

Customer:

1. Konig Wheels Lace 16 (16x&7) Black Rims With Machined Face.

Customer:

2. XXR 518 Flat Black With Machined Face.

Customer:

3. Mod Tech Wheels (MOD 347) 16x6.5 With Machined Face

Customer:

Do you anything about these rims? I'm also very concerned about the tire pressure system on my camry. Are any of these tires going to interfere with this system? Thanks.

Customer:

Customer:

I forgot to mention. All of the tires I mentioned are 16". I would prefer not to buy new tires.

Dad Mechanic :

I don't think any of your choises come with transmitter for you low air presure warning. usually each transmitter is about $100.00 thismay add $400.00 to your wheels.

Dad Mechanic :

Let me see if theyy are avabile for less.

Customer:

Ok. Is there another brand thay you would recommend? My car is gray so of course I want the rims to match. Just something to "jazz it up" a bit but nothing too "hip hop" if you know what I mean. LOL

Dad Mechanic :

They can be had for less. I found them on rockauto for 39$ and up.http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1385366&parttype=4856. Jim

Dad Mechanic :

The cohise out there are endless, it would all depend on what appiles to you, alum/magnisum are light and strong. I would assume you are interested iin fuel economy because you purchased a hybred. I think you should choose a tire that gives you a high fuel rating then choose wheels that are compatable with your car and tires.

Dad Mechanic :

are you still here. do tou need anymore help?

Customer:

Thanks Jim. You've been a big help.

Hi!
I hope I have helped to resolve your problem. I am checkin to see if I can assist with any thing else today, or clarify my answer to you.
Thanks for using Just Answers.
Dads Mechanic.
Jim