CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN
8613158

81 Fiat Red Spider Convertible, automatic, 60K...rust

I have an 81 Fiat Red Spider Convertible, automatic, 60K. The front floor board has rotted and there's some body rust. Radio not original and the top has been replaced. I have to let it go and would like to know what's the best way to go.
Category: Car
Expert:  CarQuestionGuy replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to answer your question.

Are you asking the best way to sell it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
There are a lot of ways to sell this car. I'll tell you how I would sell it.

The first thing you need to do it get it as clean and shiny as you can. If a car looks pretty and clean you will likely get more money out of it.

Then I would take some really good pictures of it. I would take it to a park or somewhere similar and get a bunch of pics of it.

Then I would post it on Craigslist. You've probably used Craigslist before, but if not then let me know and I can walk you through how to post it. Craigslist is where most people go to sell their vehicles these days.

Do you need help figuring out the value of the car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not able to show the car. It's been raised up and is in a barn in Canterbury, Ct. I'm in NYC. The car needs so much work that I'm afraid the best I can do is sell the parts and from afar as I'm now too disabled to travel.

Do you have anyone there who can help you? Someone that could take pictures or show it? Have you considered donating it? How much are you hoping to get out of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no income, therefore hoping to get 1K.
Is there anyone where the car is that can help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
help me how?
By taking pictures and showing the car
I can help you more if you can tell me if you have anyone to help you.

Is there another way that I can help you better?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no one to help right now
OK, so let me make sure I'm on the same page.

You have a car that is a long ways away that doesn't run and isn't in great shape. You can't show the car and there is no one there to show it for you.

Is this correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get someone to buy the car for the parts and take it away.
I would post it to Craigslist. This is your best chance at getting it sold. You have a better chance of selling it if you have pictures, but even if not it is still a good way.
This is how I would do it. I have been very successful with Craigslist sales.
CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience: ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN