Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

standard pricing on all repossessed cars and towed vehicles.

I'm looking at buying a car from a liquidation car lot. Does anyone know if these prices are negotiable? They have "standard pricing" on all repossessed cars and towed vehicles. Just not sure how they operate. Thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer.

I have my own small car lot here in Texas and am familiar with the way these car lots operate.

Most of these lots price the cars with a standard value based on NADA or Kelley Blue Book valuations. The lot will have a certain amount invested in the cars whether they are repossessions or towing and storage fees on the towed cars. If they have less in the car than what the vaue is then there is certainly room to negotiate. If there were no room for profit, they wouldn't be in business. I would always make an offer and see if they accept it.