stin1974
stin1974, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Domestic transmission diagnostics and troubleshooting. General repair diagnostics and troubleshoot.
2267585

bought a new starter and solenoid and my car..whinding/clicking noise

bought a new starter and solenoid and my car still want start keep making a whinding/clicking noise like if its not getting enuff juice to the starter
Category: Car
Expert:  stin1974 replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked the battery voltage. Have you tried a new battery or tried to jump start it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yea i tried that it still not doing nothing,is it possible the solenoid could be defected even though its new,

Expert:  stin1974 replied 4 years ago.
It's a Possibility. I would first suggest checking what voltage you are getting to the starter when attempting to start it. I the voltage is no good then I would consider trying another solenoid. But before that, make sure all Your battery terminals are clean and tight. Also make sure your grounds are the same( clean and tight ). If you have the same problem now after replacing the parts, that you had initially, I would check those connections for sure.