Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

problems with trunk--The trunk will only open..key fob..dashboard

Customer Question

I have a 2009 quattroporte-- I am having problems with trunk--The trunk will only open with the actual key..Will not open with the key fob or dashboard button.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Dad Mechanic :

Sorry for your problem. I am here to try and assist you.Im not a maserati mechanic but I will try to help you diagnose your problem. are yoiu able to check out wireing circuits? Voltmeter or test light. I see your offline so let me explain what I will need you to do. First you need to open your trunk and find the electro magnet that actuates the automatic trunk release. Now one end of your test light or the black lead on your mulimeter (mulimeter set to 20 volts D C ) the other end of your light or meter to the power wire on the electro magnet. Have someone depress the button with the key turned on if thats how it worked before. If you have voltage or the test light lights you have a bad electromagnet, but check to besure the ground is also good to the electromagnet. If there is no light we don't have power to the back of the vehicle. now we have to find out why. I assume you have checked all the fuses first. If you haven't start there first. Please remember to press accept if i have helped you.. thanks for using Just Answers. Jim If you need more assistance please get back to me.