Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Is there a major difference between engines2002 Avalanche vs 2005?

Is there a major difference between engines
2002 Avalanche vs 2005?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

please explain

tims auto repair :

are you there/

tims auto repair :

\?

tims auto repair :

the differance between the two engines,,,is,,

tims auto repair :

the 02 has a cable operated throttle

tims auto repair :

the 05 has an electronic throttle controlled throttle body,[tac]

tims auto repair :

the 05 will work in the 02 if you change the intake manifold

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: Can u change ATF in the 05 wout changing filter?
tims auto repair :

yes...they both have the 4l60e transmission

tims auto repair :

but,,you always need to change the filter when changing the fluid

tims auto repair :

tims auto repair :

are you there?