mechanicaltone
mechanicaltone, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi my name is Tony. I have been a qualified mechanic for over 12 years.
66825666

quickest way to check rearvaccuumm plate on 2000 540 m623tu engine

Customer Question

What is quickest way to check rearvaccuumm plate on 2000 540 M623tu engine
Category: Car
Expert:  mechanicaltone replied 4 years ago.
The quickest way would be to get a spray bottle of water and spray it on the plate while the engine is running. If the engine revs change then it is leaking.

Please Accept My Answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is many other things like intake gaskets, tube under intake,valeey plate etc-please break it down-I need ti pinpoit.Thimk a smoke machine is more thorough?
Hi if you can get your hands on a smoke machine then that will be the way to go but if you cant get hold of one then you can use a spray bottle of water and adjust the nozzle to squirt directly onto the components you are checking air leaks for. Basically spray on one part at a time to see if it makes a difference.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for suggestions,but did all first thing and know smoke machine is best.If it is not leaking ,what verifies problem in rear plate?
I opted out, to give another expert the chance to help you, Thanks for your time