Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

c2500: 02 chev..no power to drive with heavy load and uphill

Customer Question

02 chev c6500 with CAT 3126E engine has no power to drive with heavy load and uphill but it's happen sometimes
Category: Car
Expert:  Redram5.9 replied 2 years ago.

Redram5.9 : Hi, my name is Bernard and welcome to JustAnswer. Your post belongs in Chevy Experts. Hopefully someone will come along soon to move the post or a Chevy Expert will chime in and help you.
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for your problem. I am here to try and assist you.How are you doing. Have you checked your turbo hoses for cracks or leaks? Can you hear the turbo? Have you changed your fuel filter lately? have you checked your fuel lines for cracks or leaks? Jim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response but all hoses are ok except main shaft of turbor is more than normal
Did you check the turbo to be sure that it is giving boost? Take the hose off the intake of the engine and have some one rev the engine should create a lot of pressure. Jim, Let me know how you make out I'll keep in touch>
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES WE TESTED AND TAKING LOT OF AIR
Sometime you can have a crack in the fuel line from the tank and be loosing vacuum to draw fuel to the pump i don't think you have a pump in the tank do you? When you are loosing power do you notice the engine heating up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no and there is no fuel plum
can you check the vacuum on the tank side of the fuel pump? It rely seems that on high fuel demand you are not getting enough fuel? Have you noticed that the engine temp rise when you are losing power? What about smoke out the exhaust any black or white smoke? Jim