tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience
22815973

2005 VW Golf TDI: Check engine light..same code..70 miles later..turbo

Customer Question

2005 VW Golf TDI: Check engine light on, and the code read MAF, replaced MAF, and the same code returned 70 miles later. What else should I check??
Also, before I replaced the MAF, I had a turbo underboost code, which did NOT return when the MAF code returned.
Category: Car
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer!

I need to know the exact P code # ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
for the MAF I got P0101, and the code I got for the turbo underboost was P0299
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Have you checked for boost leaks yet ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not checked for any boost leaks. I'm assuming that requires special equipment. While driving the car, I've only noticed a lack of boost once or twice, otherwise the boost feels normal.
I believe I have already clicked on the accept button.
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
You will see the accept button when i provide you a answer , check for turbo boost leaks you can look at the inter cooler and the turbo hoses to make sure they are all good not broken or the seals are worn out this needs to be the first thing thats checked since you get both faults and the mass air flow sensor has not fixed the issue . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
tech0405, Technician
Experience: Certified technican 10 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
More information would have been nice. I have already done a visual (maybe I should have mentioned that), and every thing looks OK.
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
You removed the hose of the egr and checked inside of it??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have not done that yet. Should I be able to see some, if that's the problem?
At the moment, I'm reading through the VW Service Manual (gee what a cluster f**k that is).
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Just make sure the hose to the egr is not damaged and have a tight fit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Problem fixed. The problem was the hose from the hose from the intercooler to the turbo was leaking.
Thanks
Expert:  tech0405 replied 2 years ago.
Am glad you fixed it