Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1994 isuzu trooper: with 3.2 v-6 5 speed trans

I have a 1994 isuzu trooper with 3.2 v-6 5 speed trans. i have only forth gear. can you help me................
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

does it have reverse?

what does it do in the other gears?

tell me how and when this problem began...

tell me all you can

thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi expert

no reverse, nothing in other gears ,like shifting into neutral but fourth gear works.

this the way it stared..traveling at a rate of 60 on the hi way in fith gear and without touching the shifter it goes into neutral.so i down shift to forth and its good aproching the traffic light, tried down shifting to third nothing, second nothing,first nothing. so i tried fith, nothing and than reverse none..............hope it help

well

there is no sensor that can cause this problem,,,the problem is internal..the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,,sorry

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can you help me fix this tranny

well

i may be able to gve you some help..

thanks