Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

new thermostat now I get the new one..correct replacement part number

Hi the car needed a new thermostat now I get the new one and there is no 'jigle' valve on it I think it's called. I checked and it's the correct replacement part number. Does it matter and what does this valve do?

Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, I am Randall. its really a simple bleed hole to allow coolant to trickle through thus eliminating a small air pocket if? one develops. Its not critical and in many cases, you will have choice of standard stat or premium stat. the premium ones sometimes come with the air bleed. Its ok if not one on yours as to date? I have not run into a stat without this that caused problems. Its all about thermostat designers choice. Its ok with or without.As long as you are 100% sure you have correct stat per the application. you are ok

perfect thanks