Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

suzuki aerio: serpitine belt so tight and conceled..air cond

Customer Question

The serpitine belt broke because one of the units on the belt drive system is frozen but,the design of the SUZKI AERIO is so tight and conceled that you can not see or feel what unit is frozen or stuck .How does one investagate this repair and replace the belt. suzki aerio 2002 with air cond.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. You need to remove the plastic cover under the engine, air cleaner housing in engine compartment, and then you can also remove the plastic liner in the wheel well to give you more room. Most common things to seize up is the alternator and ac compressor...Once you have cover removed under engine and fender liner you will be able to see all the pulleys and check which one does not move. You can also install a new belt then turn engine with pry bar/breaker bar on crank pulley to see what pulley does not turn. Here is a diagram of pulleys and belt routing. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you dan ,I don't see a diagram of pulleys and belts i will need a diagram ,also what tools will be required to do this repair,please list them and any other useful ideas.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

The tensioner is #8 in diagram you will need to turn it clockwise with 3/8 socket wrench. Here is link again. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can i click accept later after i have a chance to check out your information.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Yes that is fine, let me know how it goes or if you run into questions. Thanks.