FixItMan, Master Technician

2002 Isuzu Axiom: with 110,000 miles..air conditioning..cold

Hi This question is about a 2002 Isuzu Axiom with 110,000 miles. This past week I noticed that the air conditioning is only blowing faint cold air when the ac is on at full blast and the car is at idle. However when the motor is revving and I am driving, the system starts blowing colder air and then will decrease again at idle. I tried adding refrigerant thinking that it may need a charge but this did not solve the problem as I could only squeeze about half of a 13 oz can in. Could the problem be with the compressor? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks...Tony G
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tony, so the amount of air that comes out of the vents does not change, it is just a temperature problem?

The airstream is OK . It is just temperature of the air gets colder the more the car is revving/moving and decreases at stop or idling.

Okay. You need to get a real set of gauges to hook to the vehicle. You need to check the pressures. It sounds like you have a bad compressor.