Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

Suzuki Vitara: 3900.00 per my mechanic..dealership..another vehicle

So my Suzuki Vitara sounds like it is a goner unless I want to replace the engine for 3900.00 per my mechanic. Will a dealership that I take my car into trade this vehicle if I try to get it repaired by them and trade up for another vehicle at their lot?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

They will most times take it as a trade if you want but they don't give what it is worth, needing an engine. You may want to see about a used engine, in a salvage yard and it may be much less.