Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

suspension fault warning came on..local dealer..compressor was bad

Customer Question

I've got a 2005 LR3 and lately the suspension fault warning came on. I took it to the only local dealer on island. They advised that the compressor was bad and needed changing and it would cost XCD $5800.00 (US$ 2134.78) to replace. Hey i just could not afford that kind of money, just after spending US$5152.00 four months ago to change the cluster and ECU . So i paid $80.00 for diagnose and i took it home. I decided to check it my self since i am very good on heavy trucks, bachoes, dozers etc. I started with the compressor and realize that it was working from the sound but no air was building, i then removed the unit and found that the air drier was bursted. I was able to get one from the UK for 68 Pounds and replaced it. After installing the air began to build up, the suspension raised but the compressor would not stop pumping.So i turned off the vehicle. Right now i just pump up the system with air set at normal height, remove the relay and use the car. Its been up for 2 weeks now and has not lost the pressure.
Can you tell me if its a regulator sensor or switch that is bad, and is it sold as a separate part. Please advise.
N.B. The local dealer in St.Lucia is raping off customers. I am a little lucky as i can source parts from the UK and USA.
Category: Car
Expert:  al-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi al-mod, Sorry I didn't respond earlier. As I was waiting for your response, it was there in my junk mail. However I am still waiting for your assistance on this matter.
Expert:  al-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the information that you need ?
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What information do you need ? Let me know so that i can provide.
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for your trouble. No one has stepped forward to assist you. You seem to be a guy that can work around equipment. I would sugest that you put a pressure switch in the line to the reserve tank. you could even use the same as one of your shop air compressors. There is no reason this would not work. You could use this temporarily or permanent. If this works for you please accept. This is how we get paid. If you wish too wait for another expert on Rovers I will opt out. Thanks for using Just Answers. Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for a more more professional way to solve this problem. Can someone tell me exactly what is causing this problem, what part do I need to change ? Does the complete air supply unit need changing? Do we need to reprogram the pressure settings?
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 1 year ago.
Maybe you can find one of the mechanics that work for the dealer out side and he maybe able to help you if you think it needs to be reprogramed you are stuck with the dealer. I will opt out so another expert may be able to assist you. Thanks for using Just Answers. Jim
No one has answered you since i have opted you out. I found this part that may help you. let me know if this helps. I only jumped back in because no one else is looking at your question This place seems to have other parts also. only accept if this information helps you out. Thanks for using Just Answers. Jim.http://www.roverlandparts.com/2005-2009-lr3-air-suspension-height-control-unit.aspx... I have gone back tto this site and they list many parts for this system but the didn't list any pressure switches of any kind. I think it is either the module listed above or possibly inturnal in the compressor its self.