Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

vectra 2005 1.9 cdti auto/tiptronic 6 speed..hesitation..juddering

I have a vectra 2005 1.9 CDTI auto/tiptronic 6 speed, when I first put the car into drive there is hesitation then a major jerk before the car will move off, it is also jerking when changing gear. I have also noticed a juddering after stopping.
Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

I'd start checking for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

If this is OK then I'd suggest getting the running oil pressure measured by a transmission specialist as this will show if the oil pump is healthy