Enes, Volvo Technician

2004 range rover..air suspension inactive light came..low voltage

Customer Question

I have a 2004 range rover with 89k miles. The air suspension inactive light came on & I took it to a mechanic who reset the code. He said it was most likely from a low voltage situation? it had been parked for several weeks so thought maybe that was possible. I left the shop and drove less then 3 miles and heard a loud "boom". I mediately pulled over and got out to see the front end down to the stops. Looks like the right front air bag suspension failed. Any chance the mechanic who did the reset/recalibration could have done something that caused the bag to fail?
Category: Car
Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to my name is Enes I'm a Certified Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need.those air bags fail and go bad and also the pumps and module what control the adjustment to check now for sure i would go to range rover dealer run full advanced scanner test make sure is just a module not more , i cant say to much thru email the mechanic reset calibration will not make it bad sometimes it just speeds up the process when is almost bad and reset calibrate and makes it worst ,