Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

93 Toyota Camry: with a standard transmission..slave cylinder

I have a 93 Toyota Camry with a standard transmission that the clutch pedal will stay down to the floor if you hold it down for any period of time. I changed out the slave cylinder and still have the same results. I can not see anything that looks like it is binding up on the clutch pedal. The customer had been spraying the pedal with wd40 and I put some SAS Attack pentrating spray on it and this didn't help. I have not changed the clutch master cylinder because I'm not a parts changer and the clutch works fine if the pedal does not stick. Need some direction.

tims auto repair :

tims auto repair :

the problem is the master cylinder here i would think

tims auto repair :

the problem is the master is letting the fluid seep by

tims auto repair :

if you look into the resivoir,,,have you help to push the pedal in,,you may see the pressure bleed back to the resivoir where the master is letting the pressure by,thus,letting the fluid pressure back to the resivoir

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Thanks for your help on this problem. I was sure it was the clutch m/c after I changed out the slave cylinder and had the same problem but I have not ran across this problem before. The slave had always taken care of it. Thanks again for the guideance and sorry it has taking me so long to get back with you. Tony