Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

drive shaft center line bushing..slight vibration I felt..replacing

There is a lot of play in the drive shaft center line bushing, Could this be the cause of the slight vibration I felt? How much work is involved in replacing that bushing? What should I expect to pay for the job.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Pete :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer.I will try and assist you today with your question.Please don't click on accept unless you feel satisfied with my assistance here.

Pete :

The bearing/support itself can generally cost less then $100 and about 1 to 2 hours labor max to have replaced.

Pete :

This is best replaced by a shop or dealer or a drive line repair facility to make sure the repair is done correctly and the bearing is installed correctly as well.

Pete :

It requires removing the drive line and using a press in most cases or an air hammer to remove and install the new bearing/support.

Pete :

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You did not tell me if this could be the cause of the vibration that I explained earlier.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
I apologize.

Yes as the drive line will move up and down and side to side rapidly more then it should when driving the vehicle.

This will definitely cause this type of vibration here.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if you need anything else with your question asked or anything else in the future.Thanks Pete!