Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

suzuki sidekick: timing chain..moter run good and i put new timing set

Customer Question

i have a1997 suzuki sidekick with a1.8 e ngine i have replaced the timing chain twice because it kept breaking my chain guide on top of my head how is my chain gettin slack in it and breaking it i timing it right beause i can drive it for 2 weeks or so and moter run good and i put new timing set in each time what is the cause
Category: Car
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 4 years ago.

JACUSTOMER-j74d4cev- :

Sorry you are having trouble. I have had timing chains break because of a lack of lubrication, I'm not exactly sure of how your vehicle lubricates the chain. The only things that can cause it are lack of lubrication, chain tensor not working ( low or no oil pressure ), to much resistance from cam. If you have anymore questions please get back to me. Jim