Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

will a 1995 1.6 motor fit into a 1997 sidekick?

Yes, it will fit, but you will need the wiring harness and computer from the 1995 donor vehicle as you will be installing a engine that is obd1 into an ob2 vehicle and the wiring harness and computers are different.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The 1995 is a Tracker. Does that make a difference?

No, it will still bolt up, but again, you will need its engine compartment wiring harness and the computer(ECU) from it

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been told that the two can not be changed. This was told by another person looking at a book and charts. Are you sure it will work because I can buy the Tracker with the motor and transmission for $800. Will the transmission work if i also need it? Thanks!

Let me check another catalogue just to make sure.

HI,

Ok, I have 2 catalogues showing it will not work and 1 showing that it will, so I would say no based upon that. sorry