Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

1967 holden hr & installed an original warmaride heater..wire goes

I have just restored a 1967 holden hr & installed an original warmaride heater. I am having problems with the wiring as this car has not had a heater previously installed & not sure which wire goes where
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No answer as yet, still waiting & hoping. Thankyou
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for your trouble. I am not familiar with your vehicle. I see no one has responded to you I will try to assist you with the insulation. I will need some information about the heater. Is the heater a kit with heater controls? is it new or used? how many wires are on the heater? is it a water heater or a gas fired heater? Could you send me a picture of the heater or schematics or instructions that you have. If you can give me more information i think i can assist you. Jim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jim, the heater is a nasco warmaride fitted as standard in 1966/67 Holden HR Premier models. There is a brown wire from heater body ( earth) and 3 wires black red & yellow which connect to a 2 speed control switch . Problem is i am not sure which wire to connect to power. Hope this clarifies things a litlle.
Is it a hot water heater or is it a gas fired heater? Jim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is a normal type vehicle hot water heater with inlet hose from water pump.
Page 44 of 63
The heater internal fan wiring is as follows:
Brown wire: provides 12-volt positive power from the fuse panel to the fanmotor (protrudes from heater casing).
Black wire: connects power from the motor to the heater fan switch.
Yellow wire: provides an earth for the heater fan motor on high-speed.
Red wire: provides an earth for the heater motor on low speed (via the low-speed resistor).The heater switch connections to the black, yellowand red wires are riveted at the back of the switch(i.e. not easily disassembled). A small piece ofcardboard, cellotaped on, insulates the rivetedterminals from the heater casing.
To check for a “bad earth” on the heater, examine the following locations for any
rust, paint, grease or looseness:a) the slot-head self tapping screw/star washer from the heater earth point,inside the fan blade housing.b) the two
11
/
32
” heater
-core-casing/fan-blade-housing nuts/springwashers/bolts/spacers,c)
the two ½” bolts connecting the dash
-mounting-brackets to the dash.d) The battery earth lead terminal (though if this is a bad earth, a bad heater isprobably the least of your
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
Thanks for using Just Answer. I hope I have solve your problem. Don't be afraid to contact me for more information. Jim