Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

1996 voyager: transmission fluid..bearing..metal..tranny..pan

Customer Question

1996 voyager transmission fluid leaking from bell housing. small needle bearing pieces and chunks of metal were in the tranny flud pan
Category: Car
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 4 years ago.

JACUSTOMER-j74d4cev- :

Sorry for your trouble. The oil leaking from the bell houseing is the front pump seal of the trans if red oil. If black oil engine rear main seal. You didn't tell me if you have ant problems with the trans, slipping,erratic shifting or any other trans related problem.If any of these symtoms exsist a transmission rebuild is in your future. A small amount of metal can be ok if no operating problems exist. Jim

JACUSTOMER-zg1tkzfy- :

i thought it was a seal until got the pan off and saw several needle bearings and some chunks of metal. where could the bearings have come from?