Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Vauxhall Astra: Im having problems starting my mk3 1997 1.6

Customer Question

I'm having problems starting my mk3 1997 1.6 Astra. It turns but does not fire.
I've recently changed crank shaft sensor. Car was fine for a while but then started having problems. I've put in new plugs, new leads and a new coil pack and now put in a new coolant temperature sensor. The EM light is still on. The AA have been out to me and they say it's over fuelling. I'm at a loss now and don't wont to spend a fortune in a garage as I only paid £350 for it just over a year ago. Hope you can help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm still waiting
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 4 years ago.
Sorry you are having trouble. I may be able to help. I will need some information from you. Have you checked the spark plugs to see the condition of the and if they are dry or wet or maybe oil fouled? Have you verified that the fuel pump is running and that you have fuel pressure? Jim