Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

Isuzu Dmax: Hi, I would like to know how to install a boost

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to know how to install a boost gauge to a dmax 09 model what do I run it of and where's it located????
And also where to connect water pressure gauge what and where do I run that off thanks Mitch
Category: Car
Expert:  Dad Mechanic replied 4 years ago.

JACUSTOMER-j74d4cev- :

sorry you are having a problem. Boost gauges are alway installed After the turb or blower. Now you will need to find a pipe plug or a plug of some kind in the intake manifold or plenum after the turbo (blower) and the engine. You may need to drill a hole and tap it to install a fitting to attach the gauge, you will need a 1/8 pipe tap and the proper drill bit. You should have a vacuum to keep the metal shaving from getting into the engine while drilling and tapping. If you need more information please contact me. Jim