Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

book i have lave some thing out on howto get the water pump off

Customer Question

Ihave a 1993 Eagle Talon and the book i have lave some thing out on howto get the water pump off
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

..

...

Timing Belt Cover and Seal

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figures 1 through 15

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the engine undercover.
  3. Remove the crankshaft pulley, as outlined later in this section.
  4. Using the proper equipment, slightly raise the engine to take the weight off of the side engine mount. Support the engine in this position.
  5. Remove the engine mount bracket.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 1: With the engine supported, unfasten the top engine mount bracket retaining bolts

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 2: Remove the bracket side retaining bolts

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 3: Make sure to remove all of the engine mount retaining bolts

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 4: Remove the engine mount bracket

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 5: Remove the power steering pump pulley and bracket mounting bolts

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 6: Remove the engine mount-to-timing cover retaining bolts ...

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 7: ... then remove the engine mount bracket

1. If not already done, remove the drive belts, tension pulley brackets, water pump pulley and crankshaft pulley.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 8: Exploded view of the timing belt cover, belt and related components-1.8L engine

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 13: On 1990-94 2.0L engine, be sure to install the bolts in their original locations. Their dimensions differ according to their locations

1. Remove all attaching screws and remove the upper and lower timing belt covers. If equipped with 2.0L engine, take note of the original locations of the cover fasteners prior to removal.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 14: Unfasten the lower timing belt cover retaining bolts ...

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 15: ... then pull the timing belt cover up and out of the engine

1. The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure all pieces of packing are positioned in the inner grooves of the covers when installing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
With the engine in the car how do you get the crankshaft pulley off
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
I normally take the motor mount out and jack the engine up to get enough clearence. In the event that you still can't, then you try dropping it down far enough to get clearence to get the crank pulley off.

*

*

*

*

*
*

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So are you saying that the engine needs to come out of the car
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Not really. Of course, it would be very easy with the engine out of the car, but jack the engine up only means to jack the engine up.
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
When you do jack up the engine, you want to use a block of wood so that the pan doesn't get any dents in it.

..

...

graphic

*

*

*

*

*
*