Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

alternator bracket so i can put the old alternator on the new bracket

Customer Question

how do take an alternator off the alternator bracket so i can put the old alternator on the new bracket
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.
Hello

if you look on the 'hinge' long bolt point of the alternator that passes through the bracket you should notice that there is a round 'ring' type dowel that surrounds the bolt this locates the alternator to the bracket and has to be pushed off

once you've removed the long bolt use a piece of tube or similar to tap the edge of the dowel out of the hole and so release the alternator