Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My car keeps sputtering like it wants to cut off...on the freeway

Customer Question

My car keeps sputtering like it wants to cut off. It does it both on the freeway as well as the street.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

Name is Greg and i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

-Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My car is a 9.3 turbo Saab. 2005. It has about 137,000 miles on it. I believe it's a 4 cylinder engine. The check engine light used to come on, but that happened long before the sputtering started.
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Good, this is a OBD II car and if anything malfunctions like misfire ,bad fuel mixture this will be recorded in the management system .

What you will have to do is check what codes where recorded and post them here for me to assist in decoding them .
Once we know what code problem you have them we can start a repair to rectify your engine issue ,

Please get back with the codes .

Kind regards Greg