Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2002 rodeo: im working..power steering pump..bracket..budge..mounting

HI,

I'm working on my 2002 Rodeo ans am trying to remove the power steering pump. I have removed the long front bracket bolt and the two smaller bolts on the side and the pump does not want to budge.

Am I missing the location of another mounting bolt?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. There are 4 bolts so it sounds like you missed one..Here is a picture, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

http://db.tt/RB4LKkiO

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Looks like the pump is in a cradle, if that's the case the only bolts I took out were for the cradle itself. Because I have two bolts on the rear of the pump going to the block. Are those two part of the cradle? Otherwise it looks like I can get to the other bolts through holes on the pressed-on pulley.
Only the bolts pictured are related to cradle and pump, I'm not sure which ones your talking about..Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.