spire suzuki
spire suzuki, Technician
Experience:  Suzuki master tech. 26 years in motor trade
11541481

element: morning when the temperature is low..normaly

Every morning when the temperature is low than 10 selsius degree, and after making one or two turns to left or right, when the geer should change to 4 geer i have a failure worning:
Geer transmission failure
The car is running in 3 geer witout change until stoping the engine
After swiching off and on again, stating and driving normaly , and after having the same situation for the second time ,the drive becomes normal at all the day, chainging geer is normal ,starting and stoping the engine lot of times
In wich element in the geer is the problem
Category: Car
Expert:  spire suzuki replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA.com

To get to the bottom of your question can i ask you:

Have you check the transmission fluid level?

Have you had any diagnostic check carried out on the transmission?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I din't check the oil level but,

There be a warning if the level is to low.

There was not any worning, and the problem will appear more then two times during the driving every time when the transmission have to change from 3 to 4 geer

starting and stopping the engine more then ten times a day

Once appear worning: speed sensor failure

Hi

If the fluid level is ok then you could be looking at a speed sensor or a temperature sensor fault.

The only option is to have the fault codes read from the gearbox and engine control units, this will give you a i dear of what sensor requires attention.

You can have the fault codes read by a specialist or a dealer.

spire suzuki, Technician
Experience: Suzuki master tech. 26 years in motor trade