Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair

2wd..low gears and will go into 4th but it will appear to kick..rev

Customer Question

We are looking for a used transmission for our Daihatsu NON TURBO 2WD ATRAI VAN....our transmission is hard to put into low gears and will go into 4th but it will appear to kick out and cause the engine to rev (?)

Hello....will we get an answer?  We are in Ontario, Canada very close to TORONTO

Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I am still waiting for an answer.

Not likely it would be feasible to send a tranny from AU

Perhaps you could suggest something for the current problem but I suspect the gears are all worn.

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  Ridgerunnerras replied 4 years ago.

Hello I would like to help you with this

The problem you are having is that the syncro's in the Transmission are worn out. this does not mean the gears are bad. These are the parts that allow you to shift into the gears with out grinding them. they also help hold the trans in the selected gear.

I have looked around and finding a used trans is going to be a hard thing to find for that car. My suggestion would be to have it rebuilt. you may only need new syncro's and long as you do here any whining of gears.

any used trans you get may have the same problem or worse.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if I can help you further.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Wow, it took so long to hear your response/answer, we had thought it was going to be instantaneous.

We have gone ahead and ordered a new tranny from Japan as we were told it was the gears.